MND Advisor and Support Coordinator
Work type: 0.8FTE
Location: Barwon or Metro outer West of Melbourne region, Victoria
Salary: Salary is between $102,000 and $106,000 (pro rata). Own work motor vehicle and salary packaging available.
Application closing date: Monday 6th February, 9am AEST
MND Victoria provides expert information, advice and support services for people living with motor neurone disease (MND) in Victoria.
We have a fabulous team of 21 MND Advisors and Support Coordinators who support people diagnosed with MND across Victoria and Tasmania.
We are seeking an experienced health professional, ideally with an OT, physio, speech therapy, social work or nursing background, to work with people with MND to:
- provide advice and support to people living with MND, their families, carers and colleagues
- provide support coordination for NDIS participants
- plan, refer and negotiate services with and for people living with MND
- represent the needs of people with MND with NDIA, Disability Services, My Aged Care, service providers and funded agencies
The successful applicants will have:
- experience in working with people living with a progressive degenerative neurological disease
- excellent knowledge of support and care planning, assessment and referral in the disability and aged care sectors
- a “can do approach” with a demonstrated client-focused approach to all work activities
Half of the people with MND that MND Victoria support are diagnosed under the age of 65, receiving most supports through the NDIS; and half are diagnosed over the age of 65, hence receiving supports via My Aged Care. This adds to the variety and diversity of our work.
We require the successful applicant to have experience working with people living with a progressive degenerative neurological disease, however, are able to offer extensive training about motor neurone disease itself.
Please call to discuss the role in more detail if you think you might have the right skills and approach to join our vibrant and committed team.
This is a full-time position, but we will consider applicants who can work 0.8FTE. Excellent salary (range $102,000 to $106,000, pro rata), own work motor vehicle and salary packaging available.
A position description is attached here: PD - MND Advisor and Support Coordinator
For enquiries and a position description contact:
- Jo Whitehouse - Manager of Support Services via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 0402 183 140 or,
- Eric Kelly - Advisor Team Leader via email email@example.com or phone at 0421 323 850.
How to Apply: Please send applications addressing the key selection criteria to Jo Whitehouse. Applications that do not address the key selection criteria will not be considered.
Closing date: Monday 6th February, 9am AEST