MND Advisor and Support Coordinator Relief Worker
Work type:12 month contract - .8FTE
Location: Melbourne (Victoria/Tasmania for the right candidate)
Salary Type: $102,000 to $106,000, pro rata + salary packaging
Application closing date: Friday 25th November, 5pm AEST
Start Date: January 2023
We are seeking an experienced health professional, ideally with an OT, physio, speech therapy, social work or nursing background to:
- provide advice and support to people living with MND, their families, carers and colleagues
- provide support coordination for NDIS participants
- plan, refer and negotiate services with and for people living with MND
- represent the needs of people with MND with NDIA, Disability Services, My Aged Care, service providers and funded agencies
The successful applicants will have:
- experience in working with people living with a progressive degenerative neurological disease
- excellent knowledge of support and care planning, assessment and referral in the disability and aged care sectors
- a “can do, flexible approach” with a demonstrated client focused approach to all work activities
- interest in working in a role that offers variety – the work that you do each day may not be predictable!
The successful applicant will have a transient caseload of around 20 to 25 clients. Half of the people with MND that MND Victoria support are diagnosed under the age of 65, receiving most supports through the NDIS and half are diagnosed over the age of 65, hence receiving supports via My Aged Care. This adds to the variety and diversity of our work.
We require the successful applicant to have experience working with people living with a progressive degenerative neurological disease, however, we offer extensive training about Motor Neurone Disease itself.
Please call to discuss the role in more detail if you think you might have the right skills and approach to join our vibrant and committed team.
A position description is attached here: PD MND Advisor and Support Coordinator Relief Role
How to Apply:
For inquiries and a position description contact:
Jo Whitehouse, Manager of Support Services email@example.com, ph. on 0402 183 140
Please send applications addressing the key selection criteria to Jo Whitehouse via email. Applications that do not address the key selection criteria will not be considered.
Closing date: Friday 25th November, 5pm AEST